School: Design School
Position: Associate Head of the Design School
Elinor Renfrew graduated from the MA Fashion Course at St Martins School of Art (CSM) and worked for all levels of the fashion industry including her own business before going into higher education.
After gaining her PGCE at Greenwich University. she was a visiting lecturer at SCOT, ECA and MMU and taught Part time at RMIT University in Melbourne.
She joined Ravensbourne on BA Fashion Womenswear /Menswear /Textiles and Promotion 3year course /2 year course and was appointed Course Leader in 2000 Elinor was awarded the Governor's prize for excellence for the successful cross Faculty Guest Lecturer programme and placement programme.
In 2004 Elinor became the Course Director of Fashion at Kingston and became Academic Director for Fashion in 2011. In 2013 Elinor became Associate Head of the Design School and Associate Professor. Over the last seven years Elinor has secured and maintained international sponsors including Brooks Brothers Banana Republic and Old Navy in the US and H&M in Sweden and was runner up in the University awards for enterprise in 2012.
Elinor has written a book ' Developing a Collection ' published by AVA Academia and distributed in a number of languages is in discussion with Laurence King on a book proposal about employability and was invited to participate in an advisory group of academics on suitable publications.
She has also been approached by Thames & Hudson to write a book called 'The Project' which is a collection of the best projects from fashion institutions globally and is invited to advise on fashion publications for fashion education.
Elinor's expertise is in employability, internships and sponsored projects for Fashion.
- 2012 - presentExternal Examiner, University of the Creative Arts, Epsom
- 2011 - presentExternal Examiner, Heriot Watt University
- 2011 - presentExternal Examiner, University College Falmouth
- 2010 - presentGraduate Fashion Week Executive Member
- 2007 - 2012External Examiner, University of West England
- 2006 - 2010External Examiner, Edinburgh College of Art
- 2006 - presentBritish Fashion Council: Steering Committee
- 2006 - 2009External Examiner, Winchester College of Art
- 2004 - presentAssociation of Fashion & Textiles Courses Member
Educational and professional qualifications
- 1996PGCE University of Greenwich
- 1981MA Fashion Saint Martin's School of Art (CSM)
- 1979BA Fashion (sandwich course) Preston Polytechnic (UCL)
Cumulus Exhibition at Le Louvre
Costume archive exhibition at Benenden Kent/London
Fashion at Kingston have engaged in a staff /student exchange with Cape Peninsular University in of Technology sponsored by Woolworths South Africa. The project is to support disadvantaged black and coloured students in Cape Town.